- Gaborone Declaration Factsheet (English) (French) (Portuguese)
- Gaborone Declaration Background Document (English) (French) (Portuguese)
- Gaborone Declaration (English) (French) (Portuguese)
2013 FOLLOW UP MEETING
The first follow up meeting was held in October 7-8, 2013 at the ministerial level. The objective of the meeting was to share progress made since the first meeting and to formalize the next steps of advancing the Declaration. The participants also shared case studies that demonstrated best practice in sustainability and natural capital accounting.
2013 Meeting Presentations
- Consumer Goods Council in South Africa
- Mining - Public Private Partnership in Liberia
- Natural Capital Accounting - Madagascar
- Botswana - National Roadmap
- Moving Forward - GDSA
- Water Accounts - Botswana
- Debswana - Corporate Social Investment Programme
- CBNRM Namibia
- Socio-Bosque - Ecuador
The government of Botswana organized this meeting in partnership with Conservation International, World Bank, United Nations Development Program and the Convention on Biological Diversity Secretariat.
The meeting resulted in a joint communique outlining the resolutions reached by the ministers.
Gaborone Conference Publications
- South Africa Implementation Plan
- Draft Implementation Framework
- Madagascar Case Study
- Ecuador Case Study