In 2016, a meeting of the GDSA Focal Points was held in Nairobi, Kenya. The following Nairobi Statement was issued.
The following documents were published regarding the GDSA Secretariat's activities in 2016. Additional technical documents were also published and are available under the 'Commitments' tabs (above).
- Gaborone Declaration Factsheet (English) (French) (Portuguese)
- Gaborone Declaration Background Document (English) (French) (Portuguese)
- Gaborone Declaration (English) (French) (Portuguese)
- GDSA informational video
2013 FOLLOW UP MEETING
The first follow up meeting was held in October 7-8, 2013 at the ministerial level. The objective of the meeting was to share progress made since the first meeting and to formalize the next steps of advancing the Declaration. The participants also shared case studies that demonstrated best practice in sustainability and natural capital accounting.
2013 Meeting Presentations
- Consumer Goods Council in South Africa
- Mining - Public Private Partnership in Liberia
- Natural Capital Accounting - Madagascar
- Botswana - National Roadmap
- Moving Forward - GDSA
- Water Accounts - Botswana
- Debswana - Corporate Social Investment Programme
- CBNRM Namibia
- Socio-Bosque - Ecuador
The government of Botswana organized this meeting in partnership with Conservation International, World Bank, United Nations Development Program and the Convention on Biological Diversity Secretariat.
The meeting resulted in a joint communique outlining the resolutions reached by the ministers.
Gaborone Conference Publications
- South Africa Implementation Plan
- Draft Implementation Framework
- Madagascar Case Study
- Ecuador Case Study
2012 SUMMIT ON SUSTAINABILITY
The GDSA was launched following the 2012 Summit on Sustainability held in Gaborone, Botswana. The meeting resulted in the Gaborone Declaration for Sustainability in Africa.