January 2018: The GDSA Secretariat is pleased to release our 2017 activity report, highlighting the activities and progress made by the Secretariat last year in serving our member countries. The Secretariat had a productive year, key highlights of which included:
- Producing USD$43.5 million in funding proposals, and securing USD$7.5 million in resources, together with partners.
- Working together with CI and the U.S. NASA to initiate a four-country project on ecosystem accounting.
- Organizing the first GDSA South-South exchange together with CI and IUCN
- Hosting the inaugural Forum of Ministers meeting as well as a GDSA Focal Points meeting.
- Releasing 19 GDSA publications, increasing our Facebook likes by 660%, and increasing our number of unique website visitors by 48%
The coming year promises to be just as busy as 2017; as always, we look forward to working together with our member countries and partners to promote sustainable development across Africa!